07717 572775
01592 715465
Telephone St Andrews Taxi Service for Minibus and Taxi hire in Fife on 07717 572775 or 01592 714250

Golf travel, transfers and private taxi hire to all of St Andrews' golf courses

Private Golf Transfers

With over 49 golf courses in Fife, and 11 of those in or around St Andrews alone, you will be spoiled for choice. Our friendly taxi service is on hand to transport you and your clubs to any of the golf courses in St Andrews so that you tee-off relaxed and on time.

With 3 sizes of vehicle available we can cater to most parties and can tailor make packages for your dream golfing experience. Contact us for a quote or check our price guide for an idea of costs before you travel.

The Old Course (circa 1400)

The Old Course

The Old Course has had a special place in the history of golf for 600 years. It is still a public links course managed by the St Andrews Links Trust, and has typical features such as double greens, bumpy rolling fairways and deep bunkers, which pose a real test for golfers of all skill levels.

The Open will celebrate its 150th anniversary at the Home of Golf from 15-19 July 2010. This is the 28th time the Open championship will be staged on the Old Course and leading players from all over the world will once again compete for the coveted Claret Jug.

The New Course (1895)

The New Course

Almost 500 years later, St Andrews built a second course which they named the New Course. The design was by David Honeyman and ‘Old’ Tom Morris – winner of four Open Championships.

Its most interesting features include shared fairways and double greens at the 3rd and 15th holes. The natural rolling features of the links land ensures every golfer of a typical seaside challenge and golfing experience.

The Jubilee Course (1897)

The Jubilee Course was built to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria’s accession to the throne. In 1905, David Honeyman extended the number of holes from 12 to 18. Further improvements were completed in 1946, until finally in 1989; Donald Steel upgraded it to championship standard.

The Jubilee features many elevated tees, which are frequently subjected to the winds that blow in from St Andrews Bay, but the views are spectacular. Many UK amateur golf Championships have been hosted there over the years.

The Eden Course (1914)

The Eden was the fourth course to be built in St Andrews and is less demanding than the previous three. It was designed by Harry S. Colt and was named after the River Eden estuary on which it lies. The Eden Tournament, one of Britain’s oldest amateur golfing events, has been played here since 1919.

Golf course architect, Donald Steel, was instrumental in over-seeing substantial changes to the course in 1989, and in 2000 a new clubhouse was built on adjacent land.

The Balgove Course (1972)

The Balgove Course

The Balgove is a nine-hole course which was re-designed by Donald Steel in 1993. It was initially built for families, children and beginners of all ages and golfing standards.

For many years it was completely free to play there, and although it has now been upgraded, it is still a cheap source of golf for children and adults all year round. This is an important contribution to the St Andrews Links Trust strategy for golf in the town – that golf should be cheap and freely accessible to children, families and learners who may not be able to afford to play on the more illustrious courses.

The Strathtyrum Course (1993)

The Strathtyrum Course

The Strathtyrum Course is another course designed by Donald Steel. The two halves of nine holes start and finish at the Eden Clubhouse. Being named after the Strathtyrum Estate, on whose land the course was built, it was the first new 18 hole course to be designed at St Andrews for more than 70 years.

Although having only 15 bunkers, the course is less punishing of wayward shots, but the undulating, small greens, and prevailing westerly winds compensate for that, by demanding accurate, controlled shot making.

The Castle Course (2008)

The Castle Course

The Castle Course was designed by David Kidd, who is renowned for his golf course designs in America. With its northerly aspect, the course offers panoramic views over St Andrews town, towards the Angus coast, the North Sea, and the distant Grampian Mountains.

The Castle has caused quite a stir as a golfing challenge and is attracting many accolades from golfing aficionados, as evidenced by a commentator in Today’s Golfer magazine, who wrote, "The 17th is easily the most spectacular par 3 in Britain".

Visit the: St Andrews Links Trust website.

The Duke's Course (1995)

Opened by HRH, Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, this is the first 18 hole Championship heathland golf course in the St Andrews area.

Set in Craigtoun Park with views of the town of St Andrews and the east coast across the North Sea, the designer, Peter Thomson, five-time Open Champion, has produced a course of excellent golfing quality which blends so well with its natural environment.

Read more at: www.oldcoursehotel.kohler.com/golf/dukes_landing.html

Kingsbarns Golf Links (2000)

Kingsbarns Links is the only Scottish course to be built on links land in over 70 years. Since 2001, it has been, one of the 3 venues used for the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship, a 72-hole pro-am, which attracts a great following every year.

With a SSS of 72, a Championship length of 7181 yards and the typical challenges of links fairways open to the sea winds; the course has a reputation for being a true test of every golfer’s ability.

Read more at: www.kingsbarns.com

Kittocks Course – originally called The Devlin Course (2008)

Designed by Gene Sarazen, the Kittocks Course is part of the Fairmont 5 star Hotel Resort complex.

It is another fine example of true Scottish links golfing country with all the challenges the keen golfer expects.

Read more at: www.fairmont.com/EN_FA/Property/SAB/Recreation/Golf/

The Torrance Course (2009)

Designed by Sam Torrance, former Ryder cup player and Captain, the Torrance Course is also part of the Fairmont 5 star Hotel Resort complex.

The Torrance has now been included as a venue for Open Qualifying for the 2010 Open Championship and is the new home of the European Senior Tour for the Scottish Senior Open 2010.

Read more at: www.fairmont.com/EN_FA/Property/SAB/Recreation/Golf/